Wednesday, January 11, 2006

hi everyone
it is raining here today
I can't even tell you how much I love the rain

Sago mine news is not in the top page of yahoo anymore, but it is still one click in. a clip:

---...---

On Monday, authorities announced investigations were into both the Sago Mine disaster and overall national mining safety. Among the issues to be probed will be the tragic miscommunication that led to the mistaken belief that 12 of the 13 miners had been rescued alive the day after the explosion trapped them Jan. 2.

"I am asking for that because I have witnessed firsthand the unbelievable human suffering that comes from miscommunication," Gov. Joe Manchin said Monday.

Federal and state mine safety officials said they would hold joint public hearings into the disaster. Meanwhile, Sen. Robert C. Byrd (news, bio, voting record), D-W.Va., said federal mine safety officials would be called to testify before a Senate subcommittee that would hold hearings beginning Jan. 19.

"It's time for the decisions affecting America's miners to be made with their best interests at heart," Byrd said in a statement. "That should be the legacy of the Sago miners." more...---...---

---...---

I am keeping my internet use to a minimum these days but as I understand it another miner died this past week in Kentucky. I need to check facts on the story and will report more when I know it.

I hear that there is a new wysiwyg web editing tool that is open source and fantastic. nvu or something like that. if it seems good I may try it out.

well I need to go take care of my chores, and see where the water is going.

bye, have a great day & God bless
Suzy

---...---

featured tags in the ideapark.org loop - january 11 2005

-aloha- -anthracite- -carbon- -drainage- -ikigai- -mahalo-
-mokuteki- -pelt- -stein- -symposium- -thrift- -wiki-

---...---