Thursday, January 22, 2009

Waiting for Willie-san...Part 5

Aloha Willie Nelson-san! Warm greetings from the frosty slopes of beautiful Brush Mountain.

I hope that you and your dear ones have been staying warm and feeling well and un-persecuted. The Ayuwa’sifest mood is still lingering here after an extremely successful performance at Kirk Avenue Music by Charlie Parr, the Black Twig Pickers, and the Rootstone Jug Band.

The events of the past few weeks leave me at a loss to know where to begin to prepare you for your upcoming visit to the Magic City. The sheer volume of family news is just one element of this news sharing burden I carry. Alas, things here have not been easy at times. I cannot lie to you about this.

Since my wish is not to depress you, and since the order in which I present recent Bat Crap Trader Bulletin headlines to you could mean the difference between breaking your heart and getting you back the dog, lady, truck, job, etc. that you never knew you had, the news today will be very brief and cheery. If you choose to pass along this news to persons who help to develop policies for the appraisal of real estate in Virginia PLEASE make sure to follow up with them later, once you have a fuller picture of life in our area, so that Tax Harvesters will think twice before eyeing the assets of landowners in the counties of Roanoke, Floyd, Pulaski, and Montgomery and saying, "My, my, what a wonderful quality of life we have here, don't we? You are rich, give us money."

So here is installation 1 of today's headlines:

---…---

A 1-21 pack walk turns into a herd walk in the Ayu'wasi Ginza

"Mr. January" chosen for "Boys of the Lending Industry Apocalypse" ninja school fundraiser calendar

A “Katuah-rific” winter vision by Nantoka about the Blue Hole begins melting into the local arts scene

Pele-sama and the Antrolana People still guarding the Bear Skeleton Cavern

---…---

I am sorry I cannot give you more info than this today about events in Ayuwa'si. BUT I can tell you about the Twig Pickers shows happening tomorrow and Saturday in Virginia and West Virginia. I can ALSO tell you the intriguing story by which I came to find out that Jello Biafra and I are practically kin!

I will transmit these news etc. items to your tribe's news harvesting team as soon as time permits. I must go see to the needs of the working animals at this library and plan to re-transmit some news in short order IF the long-term food security planners at work on this mountain have seen to it that our news team members will be safe from bears, bobcats, etc. this morning.

Really, there is just an outside chance of this since our branch has recently made MASSIVE expenditures in the bear-and-bobcat proofing department.

Very warm regards,

Suzy Nees
Shouseki Library Artist Relations