Wednesday, April 11, 2007

- - If tears could build a stairway, and click-through rates a lane... -...-- -

hi everyone
I hope you are well

I heard a fun presentation at real estate school yesterday. A fellow was explaining to me how they drive traffic to the company website and he proudly said, we spend 2.5 to 3 million a year buying keywords.

I resisted the urge to speak up with my own opinion but I do wish to say to anyone who is listening, please, do not ever consider trying something like this at home. Or in any small Appalachian business. Or any modest-sized one. And please do not try to do this with a personal line of credit!

If you want to send your hard earned money to California in this way, there is a much more secure way to do it. Simply stuff some currency in an envelope and address it to Some Random So & So, Silicon Valley, California. Enclose a note which says, please make people love the (NaniNani) website, thank you gods of search engine-ness.

If you like, enclose a bit of scripture which suits your mood. OR save your money & just send the scripture! Whatever you do, though, DO NOT give The Google your credit card, or you may wind up being very very sorry, like I did.

Folks, please save your hard earned cash and your dignity, and practice organic search engine optimization at all times.



- --...-- -

Labels: