Saturday, September 30, 2006

- ...- - music & art news for September 30 - --...-- -

hi everyone
hope you are all doing well

I just learned that there is going to be a benefit concert from 2 to 5 pm at the Lyric in Blacksburg on November 5 featuring Snake Hollow and two other bands

this will benefit Community Opportunities, a wonderful NRV organization that is helping people with disabilities in a unique & powerful way. please visit communityopportunities.org to learn more about this effort, or to learn more about the Mountain Music benefit concert.

also here is some art news: A'Court Bason will be having a reception at Over The Moon in a few weeks for his new exhibit there, which will go up on October 13. A'Court will be playing music at the gallery reception starting at 8 pm. I will post more details on this once I confirm times and dates, but I believe the reception will happen on Friday October 21 from 6 to 9 pm.

Billy Miller & Chris Luster will be playing at Oddfella's in Floyd tonight. If you go there you might wish to ask them if their new CD is ready yet. this is an extremely good CD from what I have heard so far.

If the CD is not ready yet please ask Billy what the heck? do you just read sci-fi magazines all day? a small army of adopted pets is depending on you, please finish the CD.

I have heard that the Lee Boys show tonight at the Sun is supposed to be very very good, although I have not heard them myself yet. There is also music at the Pine Tavern tonight, courtesy of Scott Perry.

If you are in Floyd around lunchtime today please stop by Over The Moon, Chris will be playing there with Bernie Coveney. Bernie is also working on a new CD. I think this will be released on Mountain Fever records, but I am not sure when.

I need to go now, have a great day & thanks for reading

-Suzy

---...---

tags for this post - floyd virginia art music