Wednesday, May 04, 2005

May 4, 2005

hi folks,

it's a lovely day here today. please go out and get some sunshine if you possibly can.

If you are like me and you think that bamboo is one of the most beautiful plants in the world, you may be interested to know that I have turned up some search results that claim that it is an excellent plant for bioremediation. I am looking into this more, but one site claimed that bamboo can sequester carbon 35% better than trees. if that's true, well, that's pretty nifty because bamboo is just the loveliest thing, I think. There is nothing like it for making an otherwise horribly ugly postmodern landscape really rustic & mysterious...in my opinion, anyway...

here is another link from the green museum website. beyond green: toward a more sustainable art

just page after page of interesting links on that site, if you ask me.

bye, have a good day.

Suzy