Tuesday, May 03, 2005

a giant turkey

today I was driving home and a giant turkey was standing there in the middle of the road with his girlfriend. not the wild variety, which are fun to see, and pretty, but the domestic kind. the girl was almost like a normal bird, but the boy turkey, well, forget it. he must have been three times her size, all pieced together-looking but the haughtiest thing you can imagine. I laughed at that turkey so hard I almost cried.

the girlfriend was just kind of hanging out, almost trying to look inconspicuous, but the boy turkey holy cow. did he ever try to give me the what for. "just what do you think you are doing trying to cross my road!!! get a load of this, MOFO!!!" & he shakes his tail fan at me, then he shakes his wattle at me, then he struts to the left, and struts to the right, and glares at me & starts shaking body parts at me again.

now, if by any chance my neighbors are reading this, the ones that own this turkey, I hope you won't take this the wrong way, but your turkey is just FUNNY.