Tuesday, April 26, 2005

news for april 26

First of all, a big thank you to all who attended the Earth day reception at the Jacksonville Center...especially to those of you who drove quite some distance to Floyd in the rain, and then returned in heavy fog. Thanks so much for your support.

The "Dogs on Trucks" and "Clown Shoes" coloring activity was an especially nice success in my estimation, as far as participation goes. When I last checked, the pictures were still hanging up in the community room. See them if you can. They range from "great" to "hilarious".

Also, a few updates have been made to the Jacksonville School & Jacksonville Center websites. Both should be completed pretty soon.

Yesterday I met Leon Davis, the Virginia Tech architecture student who will be building a straw bale studio for the Jacksonville Center this May. Photos of Leon & his model for the structure appear on the School's newsletter. I had not known much about straw bale architecture before meeting Leon, and I am very interested to learn more.

According to Wayne, the wind generator will start getting installed at the Jacksonville Center in the near future. Look for photos of that in the newsletter, too.

In June I will be hanging a show at Bollo's, my all time favorite coffee shop.

That's it for now...God Bless

Suzy