Saturday, February 03, 2007

- --...-- -

hi everyone
hope you are having a nice day

the Country Store is so great now, Snake Hollow Band was great too although I missed most of their show unfortunately.

it is very big and the lighting is great. just very pleasant in there now I have to say.

next Wednesday at Radford U. there will be a performance by some Appalachian ladies who have an organization with a name I can't remember. Anyway it sounds very good, I will check the paper and see the times and so forth and post them when I get time.

the Traces library is going to be installed at the Jacksonville Center residence during the month of February, with a reception on Saturday, February 24.

there are books and pictures but this is also going to be more multimedia stuff, DVD's and CD's and so forth.

so far I have 1 confirmed volunteer for the free live music thing, Billy is going to play at 2 pm. if you know a musician or a band who might like to be an absolute angel and use their music making powers to help this rag-tag little ambient library get off the ground please contact us.

although at this time we have no $$$ to offer in return for your musicianship we are all ears when it comes to innovative, Eff-the-Mofos solutions for struggling musicians and audio artists. believe us we know that The Mofos are out there and it sure is not fun to deal with them so although the Traces Library is not a paying gig we hope that even the world's fanciest bands will not consider it beneath them to play a Traces gig or 2. we will try to make it a win-win deal for both band and library.

the Wild Turkeys and the Snake Hollow String Band are just a few of the ultra-cool bands that have played or donated music to help support the Traces library project in the past. you can be cool like that too if you help us keep the Traces library project alive.

it has been a day or two since I have heard anything about the prison site being envisioned on the New River, I am compiling information and editorials on this subject. Here is my daily rant against this insane idea, put together by a private prison developer: RANT!

further rants on this topic are 100% guaranteed until further notice. I am sickened, very literally, by the sheer audacity of New River polluters but this is just too, too much.

it is bad enough that I have to wake up every morning with my ikigai missing because some Effer forgot to do the right thing and see to it that The Kids @ Marsh Fork somehow get a field trip somewhere, anywhere today so that they can get a proper education which will enable them to exercise their undoubtedly gigantic brain muscles and reach for a day when the slurry impoundment is all a distant memory, and they are (all 22o of them) widely acknowledged geniuses of some sort or the other.

that is the dream I have to reach for or else all my ikigai drains away by noon. and once the ikigai goes missing my mind slips away with it. and then things really stop being fun.

well I need to go now, take care & have a great day. -Suzy

- --...-- -

suggested query for this page - fun with tag transparency

Labels: